Sydney Metro Northwest is the first stage of Sydney Metro - Australia’s biggest public transport project and a priority infrastructure investment for the NSW Government.
Northwest Rapid Transit (NRT) has been awarded the Operations, Trains and Systems (OTS) contract for Sydney Metro Northwest. This includes:
- Building eight new railway stations and 4,000 commuter car parking spaces
- Delivering Sydney’s new generation of metro trains
- Building and operating the Sydney Metro Trains Facility, including train stabling and maintenance
- Installing 23 kilometres of new track and rail systems
- Converting the existing 13 kilometres of railway between Epping and Chatswood to metro status
- Operating and maintaining Sydney Metro Northwest for 15 years.